Global Traffic Technologies has been headquartered in Minnesota since 1969 and is proud to call the Twin Cities home. We believe it’s important to give back to the local communities where our employees live, work and play, which is why we created an internal community outreach committee to collect and distribute donations from individual employees (money, backpacks, winter clothing, food, etc.).
Thanks to these employee donations, we were able to make the following contributions to local and national organizations in our current donation year (which runs from Nov. 2019-Oct. 2020):
- December 2019: Community Thread’s Holiday Hope, a charity that connects people in need with those willing to provide support during the holidays.
- January: Data Bits Robotics, the competitive robotics team at Park High School of nearby Cottage Grove, MN.
- February: Second Harvest Heartland, a local food shelf in Saint Paul.
- March: Hope Breakfast Bar to support their efforts to provide free meals to families in need during COVID-19.
- April: Tattersall Distillery to help them make much-needed hand sanitizer.
- May: Employees who won GTT bingo made donations to the following charities:
- July: We Love Lake Street to help rebuild Lake Street in Minneapolis after protests and OutFront, a local LGBTQ+ organization.
- September: Hallie Q. Brown Community Center, which provides access to critical human services and develops community leadership.
While we eagerly await a new year, GTT’s community outreach committee is looking forward to finding new opportunities to be a positive force by giving back to their community.